A tried and true way of spending some quality time with your family is by taking a ferry trip. The open water, onboard entertainment and spectacular views that ferries afford make them a truly wonderful family experience. Not only will you have a tirade of activities at your fingertips and the ability to take your car with you, but you will also be connecting and making memories with those who matter the most to you! So take a look at our top tips for making the most of your family ferring adventure! You definitely won’t be board on board!
First things first
Make Sure that you have planned, packed and prepared for everything that you could need while on board your cruise. Planning out all of the bits and pieces will mean that you won’t have any nasty surprises when it comes to your time of travel. Make sure that you have packed the appropriate clothing for a the whole family, and pick up any of the bits that you are missing in the banana republic uk sale. This way you will save money and ensure that you have a great time away!
Take your car with you
Most ferries and cruises allow you to take your car on board with you. This is perfect for transportation ease when you get to your given location. There’s no need to wait around for airport transport or try to get used to the public transport system in different countries, simply take you car with you! This way you can explore the destination with ease! Plus there is often no baggage limit like you get in airports, so you can pack all of the things that you could possibly need into your car!
Get some food
The onboard food and restaurants of ferries and cruises are surprisingly delicious. Make sure that you spend one breakfast, lunch or dinner settling down with the family and tucking into a hearty meal. This is another great way to help you and your family connect, bond and share. So whether you want to indulge in an all you can eat buffet, sit down for a three course meal or simply fancy a nice brew, you will find what you are looking for onboard your ferry!
Gift shop cruising
One of the best things that you can do when onboard your flight is to check out the gift shop. Make sure that you treat yourself and your family to some ferry or cruise memorabilia! Having photos and trinkets to remember your trip with will help the memory of your holiday stick with you all.
Plan in some activities
One of the most important things that you can do when travelling by ferry with your loved ones is to take part in the array of activities available. A lot of on board entertainment is offered on cruises and ferries, so make sure that you make the most of them. Plus they are a fabulous way of bonding and connecting with your family members.
- Whale watching: Get your binoculars out and hit the deck looking for wales, birds and other wildlife spectacles that you wouldn’t normally see at home! This can be a really great way to connect with your family, and can be really educational for young children!
- Board games: Get some good old board games and have the family fun and bonding time that you really need. Board games are a great way to help strengthen the relationship between you and your family members. The induction of fun and comradely will help you to really enjoy your ferry ride. Plus you can save money on board games and a whole host of other products when you use My Favourite Voucher Codes! So having fun and bonding doesn’t have to cost you a lot of money.
There will be a range of onboard activities that you can make the most of when embarking on your ferrying adventure. Make sure that you book a few in order to really make the most of the fabulous facilities offered. Here are just a few of the entertainment options that you can make use of:
- Casinos and live music: Some of the most spectacular ferries in the world have on board casinos, live music, arcades and more! Make sure that you get a club pass and take the time to indulge in a little bit of entertainment!
- Kids entertainment: As much as we love spending time with the kids, we do sometimes like to indulge in a little bit of alone time. There are a range of different kids entertainment options that you can choose from. Wouldn’t it be nice to drop the kids off at a club and head out for a little romance? Most ferries will have a children’s club where you can let the kids have some supervised fun while the adults get a little bit of time to themselves.
- Cinema: Drop the kids off to watch a film or watch one as a family! This is a fab way to spend some time with your family when embarking on your cruise!
Internet access all the time
Ferries even have their own wifi! This is a great way that you can catch up on emails, update your social media or plan some more activities for once you get to your destination! This also means that the kids can watch their favourite films and TV shows while onboard your cruise!
Overall there are so many things that you can do to really make the most out of your family cruise. The most important thing is that you have some family fun and bond, but make sure that you also plan a few activities, get involved with the onboard entertainment, take your car with you and eat a fancy meal out. You can also make use of the onboard wifi and browse the ferry’s gift shop! With these tips in mind you should be well on your way to having the family ferry holiday of a lifetime!